I've run into a rather general problem with `end-of-visual- line' (bound to C-e in visual-line-mode). If lines are wrapped, it moves to the beginning of the next visual line instead. In my earlier implementation of this, I actually moved one character back, which is correct when word-wrap is turned on, because the space at the end of the current line is skipped (and that's okay). However, if word-wrap is turned off, then there is no space and also no newline, so nothing that could be skipped. It seems to be a design issue: how does on place the point at a given position, but ensure that it is displayed at the end of a visual line rather than at the beginning of the next one? I don't know how to do that, and it might not be possible at all, by principle. On 30 Jul 2008, at 01:27, José Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote: > > I'm not sure this is a bug or a feature, but the behaviour is bizarre, > IMHO and at the very least I'd like to turn it off. It happens in > whenever auto-fill-mode is on and even in the vanilla Aquamacs > without customizations. It happens when the frame is not much wider > than the > value of 'fill-column'. It is difficult to describe in words, but I > will try my best. > > Consider a paragraph of text consisting of several (>3, say) lines, > whose lines have been wrapped. For example, take the above paragraph > starting this email. Suppose I put the cursor at the end of the third > line (after 'Aquamacs without'), I type a space and C-d. The line > gets wrapped and the ... appears on the margin. So far, so good. If > I now do a C-e, the cursor does not move to the end of the line (which > would be at the end of 'than the') but rather stops between the 'u' > and 's' of 'customization'. Is this intentional? If so, why? and, > more importantly, how do I reinstate the old behaviour?