all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to backspace in isearch-forward-regexp
@ 2009-07-14 21:50 David Karr
From: David Karr @ 2009-07-14 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

(I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I tried using the email
gateway, but it didn't seem to work, or it takes too long.)

After installing GNU Emacs on some new boxes recently, I finally
realized one thing that is behaving differently than what I'm used to.

When I'm using isearch-forward-regexp, I can type letter by letter,
and it will update the first match found.  I used to be able to hit
backspace while typing to remove the last character entered in the
search string, in case I made a mistake entering the string.

Now, when I hit backspace, it exits isearch-forward-regexp and sends
the backspace directly to the buffer I was searching in, usually
deleting the previous character at the end of the last match.

I have a feeling this must have something to do with the binding of
the backspace key in Cygwin.

I'm using Emacs 23.0.92.1 on Cygwin 1.5.

* How to backspace in isearch-forward-regexp
@ 2009-07-14 18:11 KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)