On 31 Aug 2012, at 10:05, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Robert Dallas Gray >> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:37:14 +0100 >> >> Bearing in mind this affects Cocoa Emacs on OS X, in windowed mode: >> >> cd /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS >> ./Emacs -Q >> M-x scroll-bar-mode (to turn scroll bars off) >> (now visit a file with contents large enough to require scrolling) >> C-x 3 (to split the window vertically) >> M-x linum-mode >> >> Now scroll the right-hand window (using the mouse wheel seems to reproduce the glitch more often). The black vertical bar between the two windows intermittently disappears or becomes 'broken'. > > When the vertical line separating the two windows disappears or > becomes broken, does it get corrected if you wait for a while, or does > it stay corrupted forever, until the next scroll? It stays corrupted until the next scroll (or M-x redraw-display, or a window resize). > FWIW, all I see on my MS-Windows machine is slow scrolling (due to > linum-mode), but no redisplay problems. > I wasn't able to reproduce it in Emacs 24.1 on Windows 7. >> I have a screenshot of the bug occurring, but I'm not sure on the rules for posting images here. > > Please do post the screenshots. Attached.