Thanks for reviewing! Almost all fixed with some comments: >> +@code{gdb-default-window-configuration-file}. If it is not an >> +absolute path, GDB looks under >> +@code{gdb-window-configuration-directory} (default to >> +@file{~/.emacs.d}) for the file. > > "(which defaults to user-emacs-directory)" (ideally with a proper > reference to that variable). The whole Emacs user manual only referenced user-emacs-directory once when talking about ~/.emacs.d. OTOH ~/.emacs.d is used across the manual. I think ~/.emacs.d is better. >> +premium. If you choose to start GDB in the same frame, consider >> +setting @code{gdb-restore-window-configuration-after-quit} to >> +non-@code{nil}. Then GDB restores your original window layout after > > "to a non-nil value. Your original window layout will then be restored > after GDB quits." I prefer active voice than passive voice but don’t object the latter. So I changed it accordingly. Yuan