all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problems displaying utf-8-characters after reload
@ 2012-09-24 19:23 LanX
From: LanX @ 2012-09-24 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

Im writing perl code with POD dokumentation with german text.

typing umlauts is no problem, inspecting the letters in hexl-mode show perfect encoding, saving is no problem but after reloading I don't see the umlauts anymore but something like \301\156 (not the exact numbers, the file is at work). But checking in hexl-mode shows again that the coding is right but the display isn't.

Now after typing new umlauts I have no problem, but after saving and loading the problem starts again.

I was able to reproduce the problem with that special file using emacs -Q.

describe-coding-system shows utf-8-unix

Any ideas what to do?

cheers
  Rolf