On 12/1/2022 9:08 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I see no reason to make the function obsolete. It does not harm to have > both a variable and a function by the same name. Ok, fixed. I've added back a 'server-stop-automatically' function that just sets the variable. > This @itemize list should be converted to a @table, formatted like this: > > @item empty > This value caused the server to be stopped when... > > @item delete-frame > This value means that when the last client frame is deleted... Done. >> @@ -1780,7 +1784,8 @@ server-save-buffers-kill-terminal >> >> If emacsclient was started with a list of filenames to edit, then >> only these files will be asked to be saved." >> - (if server-stop-automatically >> + (if (and (daemonp) >> + (memq server-stop-automatically '(kill-terminal delete-frame)) > > Why is this needed? I guess I don't understand why non-trivial code changes > are in a patch that was supposed to just add a defcustom? Addressed in my other message, but I've added a defsubst to make this clearer (I hope).