all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* current input method not shown in mode line
@ 2009-08-06  7:47 marcus.porcius
From: marcus.porcius @ 2009-08-06  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hallo fellow Emacsers,

I have just now realized that Emacs does not show the current active
input method in the mode line. Whatever input method I choose to try,
the mode line only shows a "-" in the left corner of the mode line
(followed by the indication of my default encoding). The input methods
I use (mostly german, rfc1345, and some chinese and japanese) all work
very well, online the correct status in the mode line is missing. Do
you have an idea, what the reason might be? I am using Emacs 23.0.91.1
(but it's the same with Emacs 22.2.1) on Ubuntu 9.04.

Thank you very much

George

* Re: current input method not shown in mode line
@ 2009-08-06 14:00 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2009-08-06 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Aug 6, 3:47 pm, "marcus.porc...@googlemail.com"
<marcus.porc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hallo fellow Emacsers,
>
> I have just now realized that Emacs does not show the current active
> input method in the mode line.

Do you have some code in your .emacs that overrides mode-line-format?

* Re: current input method not shown in mode line
@ 2009-08-06 18:27   ` marcus.porcius
From: marcus.porcius @ 2009-08-06 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 6 Aug., 16:00, Jason Rumney <jasonrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 3:47 pm, "marcus.porc...@googlemail.com"
>
> <marcus.porc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hallo fellow Emacsers,
>
> > I have just now realized that Emacs does not show the current active
> > input method in the mode line.
>
> Do you have some code in your .emacs that overrides mode-line-format?

No, I have not. Starting Emacs without the dot-file changes nothing in
this respect. Any other ideas?