all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* custom theme not working as expected... wisdom requested
@ 2014-12-12 10:15 Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2014-12-12 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I've read the docs on creating a theme for emacs and I created this theme, which I have been using for a few months now:

  https://github.com/fommil/darcula-theme-emacs

However, sometimes my custom faces are not shown and I can't figure out why this is the case.

The latest example of when it breaks is when using company-mode. The default company-mode faces seem to take precedence over my definitions. I've had a look at the company-mode source code and they seem to be defining faces in the normal way.

BUT, if I open my theme file and C-x C-e the custom-theme-set-faces block, my theme wins again.

I'm loading the theme by

  (require 'darcula-theme)
  (set-frame-font "Inconsolata-16")

and I'm aware that "load-theme" doesn't work. I suspect that this may be related.

1. Am I defining the theme in the canonical way?
2. Is there anything else obvious that I'm doing wrong?
3. Any other recommendations? (I'm planning on removing the fonts, people don't seem to like that being part of the theme)

I've been experiencing these problems on emacs 24.3.1. I have a 24.4 at home, I'll try that tonight to see if it is a version issue.

Best regards,
Sam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-12-12 10:15 UTC | newest]