all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Yasnippets doesn't work well with Emacs 24
@ 2012-12-23  4:13 Shiv Deepak
From: Shiv Deepak @ 2012-12-23  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a weird issue while working with Yasnippets on my Emacs 24 on Mac OS Mountain Lion

The following video can explain better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOQgow4VxI8

Short Description: Whenever I try to auto complete using Yasnippets, the first line starts behaving weird (notice the indentation?).

Anyone faced similar issue in the past or know where to look at?

* Re: Yasnippets doesn't work well with Emacs 24
@ 2012-12-23 17:51 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2012-12-23 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Shiv Deepak <idlecool@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a weird issue while working with Yasnippets on my Emacs 24 on
> Mac OS Mountain Lion
>
> The following video can explain better.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOQgow4VxI8
>
> Short Description: Whenever I try to auto complete using Yasnippets,
> the first line starts behaving weird (notice the indentation?).
>
> Anyone faced similar issue in the past or know where to look at?

I use Yasnippets extensively (not with Ruby mode, though) and have never
seen such behavior. Try replicating the problem starting with

emacs -Q

and activating Yasnippets. Maybe the problem you are observing lies
elsewhere or is an interaction of Yasnippets with some package.

* Re: Yasnippets doesn't work well with Emacs 24
@ 2012-12-23 20:28   ` Shiv Deepak
From: Shiv Deepak @ 2012-12-23 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I have updated the version yasnippets and that fixed it

there is a known issue: https://github.com/capitaomorte/yasnippet/issues/194

@ 2012-12-24  0:57     ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2012-12-24  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiv Deepak; +Cc: Óscar Fuentes, help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Shiv Deepak <idlecool@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have updated the version yasnippets and that fixed it
>
> there is a known issue: https://github.com/capitaomorte/yasnippet/issues/194

You mean the issue was already fixed, right?  The solution you found
on stackoverflow was to update your yasnippet?

In future, please don't cross post here and elsewhere.  Ask your
question in one place and if it doesn't get answered in a few days,
then escalate to other places, and always LINK to other instances of
the same question.  And when you get a solution, update all instances
immediately so as to avoid wasting other people's time.

I know it's easy to think "if I blast my question everywhere on the
internets, surely I'll get an answer quick".  But that's being very
inconsiderate of other people's time, of which I have very little to
try to help others.  If more people acted in this selfish way, I would
simply stop.

--
Le

* Re: Yasnippets doesn't work well with Emacs 24
@ 2012-12-24  3:21       ` Shiv Deepak
From: Shiv Deepak @ 2012-12-24  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: Óscar Fuentes, help-gnu-emacs

Hey Le,

Apologies if you feel this to be very selfish. The reason I re-posted it here because
over stackoverflow I got down votes and I had delete that question from there.

I wish I would have updated you guys when I found the solution but because it was
my first post in this mailing list and I wasn't too sure about how active this mailing list
to be as well as would my mail would even get any attention. I was so wrong.

And again, apologies from my side because I have wasted your and others' valuable
time. I will make a point in the future that all my emacs related question directly comes
here instead of stackoverflow.

And regarding the issue #194 of yasnipet, yes it has already been fixed. I just had to
update my local version of yasnippet.

Thanks
Shiv.