On 22 Jul 2008, at 21:53, Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote: >> >> I would still want the pilcrow to be used by default and the more >> (s/t)ame colors for the face. >> But that may well be the default for whitespace in general. > > Well, you can change the whitespace-newline and whitespace-display- > mappings settings in your ~/.emacs file. ... so we don't have to set sensible defaults? > BTW, I also prefer the pilcrow. The default has to be sensible, and this is quite possibly different for the full-blown whitespace-mode and for this show-newlines-mode. Since unicode is no problem, I would suggest to use the pilcrow for both modes, and stick to no background color and grey foreground for the show-newlines-mode.