all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "John Covici" <covici@ccs.covici.com>
To: "'Jude DaShiell'" <jdashiel@panix.com>, <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: RE: emacs for windows 28.2 problems loading .emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 00:03:41 -0500	[thread overview]

I do have some more information -- the .emacs starts to load, but it never loads my .emacs.desktop which is in the same directory as the .emacs .  So, how can I figure out what actually the .emacs is doing?  The only thing I see in the *Messages* buffer is a message indicating that the save-place is loaded, so this is what I need to do --somehow trouble the .emacs file and see where it is going wrong.