oh.. I like it, the delete-selection-mode. it has the same behaviour with other editors. thanks David Thanks YaoYuan 在 2012-5-7,12:19,dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) 写道: > In article , > XeCycle wrote: >> -=-=-=-=-=- > ... >> >> It should come from delete-selection-mode. >> > > I was first thinking that maybe he had gotten into overwrite-mode. > > Now, I'd never hear do delete-selection-mode, so I did a C-h f on it: > > | delete-selection-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `delsel'. > | (delete-selection-mode &optional arg) > | > | Toggle Delete Selection mode. > | With prefix arg, turn Delete Selection mode on if and only if arg is > | positive. > | > | When Delete Selection mode is enabled, Transient Mark mode is also > | enabled and typed text replaces the selection if the selection is > | active. Otherwise, typed text is just inserted at point regardless of > | any selection. > > > Question: what are some of the uses of this mode? Maybe name 2 or 3 uses, > so I can understand if it's something I should get familiar with. > > THANKS! > > David >