all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#50154: [Rmail]: Cannot save attachments from decryped email
@ 2021-08-21 20:27 Ariel Costas via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Ariel Costas via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2021-08-21 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 50154

When I receive an unencrypted email on my inbox and view it through
Rmail, I get the option to save the file.

     [1:text/plain Show]

     [2:image/jpeg Show Save:My_attachment.jpg (400kB)]

However, when I receive an encrypted message, and decrypt it with `M-x
rmail-epa-decrypt`, I get to see the plaintext of all the email, with
the multipart/mixed Content-Type, the email's body and then another part
with the attachment as base64, without an option to save it to my disk.

    The body of the message

Apparently, when decrypting the email, Rmail doesn't parse its contents
to highlight it or show the attachments as on the first scenario.

--
Ariel Costas https://costas.dev

Encrypt your email -- https://emailselfdefense.org/
  GnuPG public key -- https://costas.dev/pgp