Eroticism is like a dance: one always leads the other. I want to be great, something special. You learn from a conglomeration of the incredible past -- whatever experience gotten in any way whatsoever. Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind. The secret of happiness is something to do. Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think. One seeks to make the loved one entirely happy, or, if that cannot be, entirely wretched. When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet. Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount. There should be one day when there is open season on senators. In the last analysis, what we ARE communicates far more eloquently than anything we SAY. My first thoughts are that I should not let people down, that I should support them and love them. The worst disease which can afflict executives in their work is not, as popularly supposed, alcoholism it's egotism. The emotional security and political stability in this country entitle us to be a nuclear power. O curse of marriage that we can call these delicate creatures ours and not their appetites!