On 2016-08-04 21:21, npostavs@users.sourceforge.net wrote: > Perhaps using ‘buffer-list-update-hook’ instead of advising > `select-window' would help? Hmmm. I don't think that would work. Assume there are two windows, one showing a buffer in evil's normal editing mode, and one showing a buffer in evil's edit mode. If the user has configured evil to show the normal-mode cursor in green and the insert-mode cursor in purple, then evil needs to change the cursor color every time the user switches between these two windows, and (I don't think that) buffer-list-update-hook won't be sufficient for that. Cheers, Clément.