A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit. A poor beauty finds more lovers than husbands. So that he seemed not to relinquish life, but to leave one home for another. The higher the culture the more honorable the work. Cowards can never be moral. Education is the mother of leadership. I would dodge, not lie, in the national interest. If other people are going to talk, conversation becomes impossible. You can do very little with faith, but you can do nothing without it. Character is the indelible mark that determines the only true value of all people and all their work. When you expect things to happen -- strangely enough -- they do happen. I am not a glutton -- I am an explorer of food. Of all the thirty-six alternatives, running away is best. In the past, those who foolishly sought power by riding on the back of the tiger ended up inside. Whatever accomplishment you boast of in the world, there is someone better than you. Give wind and tide a chance to change.