all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* changing the brightness of Java colors?
@ 2003-05-11 13:42 Brian Tarbox
From: Brian Tarbox @ 2003-05-11 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use the java font lock and set my background dark, but this leaves me with
fairly dim foreground text.  Can anyone tell me how to brighten my
foreground colors without losing the java face?

Here is my .emacs file and thank you.
I am running 22.2.1 on RedHat8.0 if that matters.

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-color . "Black"))
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-mode . dark))

(custom-set-variables
 '(case-fold-search t)
 '(current-language-environment "Latin-1")
 '(default-input-method "latin-1-prefix")
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
 '(save-place t nil (saveplace)))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 )
(require `recentf)
(recentf-mode 1)

* Re: changing the brightness of Java colors?
       [not found] <mailman.5975.1052660558.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-05-12 20:00 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-12 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Brian Tarbox" <btarbox@theworld.com> writes:

> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-color . "Black"))
> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-mode . dark))

Okay, you're trying to set the bg mode, but did it work?  Hm.  It
might be too late.

Or you could try to add the background-mode parameter to the
initial-frame-alist, too, instead of only default-frame-alist.

Try C-h v frame-background-mode RET -- what does it say?

What does M-: (frame-parameter (selected-frame) 'background-mode) RET say?
--
This line is not blank.