all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* filtering output to the *compilation* buffer
@ 2002-12-29 16:06 Theepa Somasundaram
From: Theepa Somasundaram @ 2002-12-29 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Within emacs, using elisp, is there any way of filtering the output to a compilation buffer?

for instance if the shell echoes the line,
            "gud dummy.exe"
can I pick it from compile.el, or something, and call my own function, which might start the debugger?

Thanks in advance,
Theepa

* Re: filtering output to the *compilation* buffer
       [not found] <mailman.687.1041177644.19936.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-12-29 16:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-29 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Theepa Somasundaram" <theepa@hemphil.f9.co.uk> writes:

> Within emacs, using elisp, is there any way of filtering the output
> to a compilation buffer?
>
> for instance if the shell echoes the line,
>             "gud dummy.exe"
> can I pick it from compile.el, or something, and call my own
> function, which might start the debugger?

Of course, you can search the *compilation* buffer and then extract a
line from it and so on.

But I think that's not the right approach.  Investigate the
call-make-from-M-x-gdb approach that I suggested in the other message.

Alas, you might have to fiddle with the Lisp source...
--
Ambibibentists unite!