On Jul 3, 2011, at 4:22 AM, Richard Riley wrote: > Jai Dayal writes: > >> I want to setup code completion via Cedet, however the installation >> and configuration is NOT clear in the instructions at all. Does >> anyone have experience with this, who could perhaps send a quick >> step-by-step guide my way? >> >> Thanks so much! > > There is article on the net by Alex Ott on this. It might well be out of > date however. cedet proved too complex to set up in > general for me and I moved on. > > http://alexott.net/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html > > For completion I recommend using auto-complete which can complete using > semantic (a component of the rather larger cedet) completion candidates. > > http://cx4a.org/software/auto-complete/ Yea. If the cedet guy is listening... I had the same experience. I've tried very hard at least twice to set it up and make it productive but I failed both times. Back in 1990 or so, I hooked up cscope to emacs, (and others have too), and I've yet to see anything, even Java IDEs, that approach the power of just those two things.