all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* EmacsW32
@ 2006-01-15 16:34 Eli Segal
From: Eli Segal @ 2006-01-15 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just downloaded EmacsW32
and I have two questions:
1. where can I read of the changes from 21.3 to 22 ?
2. when I enter some customization screen and I press "Finish"
   the buffer still remains and doesn't deletes it self .. is this normal
behaviour ?

thanx

* Re: EmacsW32
@ 2006-01-15 16:45 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-01-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Eli Segal wrote:
> I just downloaded EmacsW32
> and I have two questions:
> 1. where can I read of the changes from 21.3 to 22 ?
Emacs 22 is not released. You have to go to the CVS repository for the
sources beeing developed now. If you go to the home page for Emacs you
can find a link there to the repository. Please read the file README
there for more information.

> 2. when I enter some customization screen and I press "Finish"
>   the buffer still remains and doesn't deletes it self .. is this
> normal behaviour ?
Strange, this normally should not happen. Can you tell me exactly which
file you have downloaded and what you did in customization buffer?

* Re: EmacsW32
@ 2006-01-15 17:43   ` Eli Segal
From: Eli Segal @ 2006-01-15 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32+Emacs/Emacs-from-CVS/patched/Emacs-22-CvsP051231-EmacsW32-0.99.exe

>> 2. when I enter some customization screen and I press "Finish"
>>   the buffer still remains and doesn't deletes it self .. is this normal
>> behaviour ?
> Strange, this normally should not happen. Can you tell me exactly which
> file you have downloaded and what you did in customization buffer?

http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32+Emacs/Emacs-from-CVS/patched/Emacs-22-CvsP051231-EmacsW32-0.99.exe

this is the file,
I just entered to the Xrefactory Option page and pressed finish
this sin't happen in 21.3

anyway, It seems that version 22 doesn't work well with JDEE,
when I load Java file emacs just freeze
so its back to 21.3 anywho

* Re: EmacsW32
@ 2006-01-15 20:09     ` Eli Segal
From: Eli Segal @ 2006-01-15 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32+Emacs/Emacs-from-CVS/patched/Emacs-22-CvsP051231-EmacsW32-0.99.exe
>
> this is the file,
> I just entered to the Xrefactory Option page and pressed finish
> this sin't happen in 21.3
>
> anyway, It seems that version 22 doesn't work well with JDEE,
> when I load Java file emacs just freeze
> so its back to 21.3 anywho

Well .. I found out this happens only with the Xrefactory option pages
so its not an emacs bug or somwthing