all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Missing arg list for define-key in Describe function
@ 2004-12-03  1:20 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2004-12-03  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Describe function: define-key gives me:

define-key is a built-in function in `C source code'.
[Missing arglist.  Please make a bug report.]

- Lennart

* Re: Missing arg list for define-key in Describe function
@ 2004-12-04  2:47 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-12-04  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Describe function: define-key gives me:

    define-key is a built-in function in `C source code'.
    [Missing arglist.  Please make a bug report.]

It doesn't happen to me, using an Emacs built from sources on Nov 24.

* Re: Missing arg list for define-key in Describe function
@ 2004-12-04 10:41   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2004-12-04 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>     define-key is a built-in function in `C source code'.
>     [Missing arglist.  Please make a bug report.]
>
> It doesn't happen to me, using an Emacs built from sources on Nov 24.

Thanks, I built Emacs on Nov 20. I will try again and come back if the
problem persists.

@ 2004-12-06  0:19     ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2004-12-06  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> >     define-key is a built-in function in `C source code'.
> >     [Missing arglist.  Please make a bug report.]
> >
> > It doesn't happen to me, using an Emacs built from sources on Nov 24.
>
> Thanks, I built Emacs on Nov 20. I will try again and come back if the
> problem persists.

I have built Emacs again today from CVS and the problem is still there. I
looked at describe function for put and it shows the same error (it is
another built-in function).

I am using:
- NT4 SP6
- gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1)
- GNU Make 3.80
- cmd.exe as shell for make (no sh in path)

/Lennart