all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Displaying emacs remote
@ 2006-02-11 19:23 Moheb Missaghi
From: Moheb Missaghi @ 2006-02-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to run emacs on my machine (XP SP2) and share the display with someone else, i.e., surfing my files on my machine while someone else on his machine also see what I am doing. Is this doable?

thx

* Re: Displaying emacs remote
@ 2006-02-12 10:41 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-02-12 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 11.02.2006 um 20:23 schrieb Moheb Missaghi:

> I'd like to run emacs on my machine (XP SP2) and share the display
> with someone else, i.e., surfing my files on my machine while
> someone else on his machine also see what I am doing. Is this doable?

With X11 it works to send an Emacs frame to another display. When
both frames show the same buffer two users can share the same
experience, and more: both can change the same buffer, have the same
access to the open buffers and can open new ones ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

To be is to do.