all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs running slow with clisp and ilisp
@ 2002-04-20  9:02 Adam
From: Adam @ 2002-04-20  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I'm not wonder is

I've followed the excellent instructions as to how to setup an ide with emacs and clisp at http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/windows.html and by I used the sample .emacs found there file.

It all works fine in that when I invoke clisp (F5) clisp runs, but very very slowly. The reaction time to keyboard input is slower than a very slow thing.

Is there any way to speed it up, or is a 500mhz machine with 256mb memory not really up to it?

Thanks
Adam

* Re: emacs running slow with clisp and ilisp
@ 2002-04-20 11:54 ` Marco Baringer
From: Marco Baringer @ 2002-04-20 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"Adam" <ashimali@btinternet.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm not wonder is
>
> I've followed the excellent instructions as to how to setup an ide with emacs and clisp at http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/windows.html and by I used the sample .emacs found there file.
>
> It all works fine in that when I invoke clisp (F5) clisp runs, but very very slowly. The reaction time to keyboard input is slower than a very slow thing.
>
> Is there any way to speed it up, or is a 500mhz machine with 256mb memory not really up to it?
>
> Thanks
> Adam

that's odd, i regularly use clisp+ilisp for hours on end and have
never noticied any speed problems, of course emacs is the only thing
running at the time, but it's an old machine. (p2 233mhz / 64mb of
memory)

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.