all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Best offer of this year ;)
@ 2004-05-17  2:40 Doris Newsome
From: Doris Newsome @ 2004-05-17  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.
The longer the title, the less important the job.
The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.
Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.
The man who has never made a fool of himself in love will never be wise in love.
The ambitious are forever followed by adulation for they receive the most pleasure from flattery.
Logic will not change an emotion, but action will.
So long as we are loved by others I should say that we are almost indispensable and no man is useless while he has a friend.
Learning isn't a means to an end it is an end in itself.
The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.
Adversity is the first path to truth.
Always hold your head up but be careful to keep your nose at a friendly level.
There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
The critic has to educate the public the artist has to educate the critic.
We are made for larger ends than Earth can encompass. Oh, let us be
 true to our exalted destiny.
It's going to be fun to watch and see how long the meek can keep the earth after they inherit it.

* Best offer of this year ;)
@ 2004-05-18 21:10 Tiffany Williamson
From: Tiffany Williamson @ 2004-05-18 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)