all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a given char?
@ 2008-05-09 11:58 Uber_Micro
From: Uber_Micro @ 2008-05-09 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

For example

If i have:

   I love to eat lots of fish

I want this to move </p> so that it lines up with the other <p>.

Bonus points if you could give </div> to line up with correct <div>.

--
So I remember, (ispell-buffer)

* Re: Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a given char?
@ 2008-05-09 12:11 ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-05-09 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:

> For example
>

> If i have:

>    I love to eat lots of fish

> I want this to move </p> so that it lines up with the other <p>.
>
> Bonus points if you could give </div> to line up with correct <div>.

Look up nxhtml mode in google.

* Re: Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a given char?
@ 2008-05-09 12:17   ` Uber_Micro
From: Uber_Micro @ 2008-05-09 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:
>
> > For example
> >

> > If i have:

> >    I love to eat lots of fish

> > I want this to move </p> so that it lines up with the other <p>.
> >
> > Bonus points if you could give </div> to line up with correct
>
> Look up nxhtml mode in google.

nxhtml only works on xhtml, xhtml doesn't work on the net (i.e. not
supported by IE6-7, no partial render in FF2).

I need a good HTML4.01 which works with php code.

--

@ 2008-05-10 15:36     ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-05-10 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:

> Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Uber_Micro <uber_microREMOVE@hushmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > For example
>> >

>> > If i have:

>> >    I love to eat lots of fish

>> > I want this to move </p> so that it lines up with the other <p>.
>> >
>> > Bonus points if you could give </div> to line up with correct
>>
>> Look up nxhtml mode in google.
>
> nxhtml only works on xhtml, xhtml doesn't work on the net (i.e. not
> supported by IE6-7, no partial render in FF2).
>
> I need a good HTML4.01 which works with php code.

I use it all the time to write xhtml code which works just fine on the
net. And with mumamo mode providing mode specific modes for when in php
blocks.

* Re: Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a given  char?
@ 2008-05-10 15:49 ` harven
From: harven @ 2008-05-10 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On May 9, 1:58 pm, Uber_Micro <uber_microREM...@hushmail.com> wrote:
> For example
>
> If i have:

>    I love to eat lots of fish

> I want this to move </p> so that it lines up with the other <p>.

May be  I miss something, but this is the default behaviour in
html-mode.

* Re: Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a given char?
@ 2008-05-10 15:53       ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-05-10 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>> nxhtml only works on xhtml, xhtml doesn't work on the net (i.e. not
>> supported by IE6-7, no partial render in FF2).
>>
>> I need a good HTML4.01 which works with php code.

nXhtml is perhaps a bad name for the package. It contains a lot of
different modes. One of them is nxhtml-mumamo for editing xhtml. Another
is html-mumamo for editing html.

But with both of these you can edit php code.

Did you run into any special problem when you tried to edit php code?

* RE: Q: How do You Indent to same level as last instance of a givenchar?
@ 2008-05-10 16:51       ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2008-05-10 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Richard G Riley', help-gnu-emacs

> nxhtml only works on xhtml, xhtml doesn't work on the net (i.e. not
> supported by IE6-7, no partial render in FF2).
>
> I need a good HTML4.01 which works with php code.

Hi Richard. I'm no expert on this, and I'm not trying to distort or ignore your
requirement - only you know what you need.

But FWIW, I use IE6 with XHTML all the time, and I have colleagues who use IE7
and FF2. Also, all of Oracle's online doc is XHTML, and I expect that other
publishing streams have moved to it as well, because of its ease of generation
from XML, ease of validation and transformation, and so on.

It's true that HTML's error handling rules are more graceful (tolerant), and I
can see how that could be an important consideration.

You have probably already looked into this more deeply than I have, but just in
case it helps, here is a pretty good comparison of XHTML and HTML 4.01:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs. Wikipedia also has a good article on XHTML,
with some discussion of the relationship between the two:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHTML#Relationship_to_HTML. A comparision wrt the
latest HTML spec (5) is here: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/HTML_vs._XHTML.

The XHTML spec's subtitle is  "a reformulation of HTML 4 in XML 1.0". But that
of course doesn't imply anything about particular browser support or how well
XHTML plays with PHP. Anyway, HTH.