all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tab not space
@ 2004-02-19 13:01 Piotr Piwko
From: Piotr Piwko @ 2004-02-19 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!
If I put Tab, emacs will put spaces. Emacs changes tab on spaces.
How can I off it?

Thank You.
--
Piotr Piwko
http://afro.afraid.org/~afro

* Tab not space
@ 2004-02-19 13:49 Piotr Piwko
From: Piotr Piwko @ 2004-02-19 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

My emacs changes tab to spaces. For example: If I put tab, I will have 4
spaces, but i want have 1 tab
How can I off it?

Thank You very much for help

--
Piotr Piwko
http://afro.afraid.org/~afro

* Re: Tab not space
       [not found] <mailman.77.1077199474.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-19 15:05 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-02-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Piotr Piwko" <piotrpiwko@afro.afraid.org> writes:

> My emacs changes tab to spaces. For example: If I put tab, I will have 4
> spaces, but i want have 1 tab
> How can I off it?

You can always type C-q TAB to insert a literal tab character.

Also see the variable indent-tabs-mode; it controls whether
tabbing inserts tabs or only spaces.

Also see the variable tab-width; it controls how a literal tab
character should be displayed.

Kai