all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to re-sort *Buffer List* chronologically?
@ 2008-08-27 17:05 kj
From: kj @ 2008-08-27 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When first invoked, *Buffer List* appears to list buffers in reverse
chronological order according to the last time that the buffer was
viewed (i.e. the mosts recently viewed buffers appear toward the
top of the list).

Is there a way to reverse this order, so that the buffers that were
viewed most recently appear at the bottom?

TIA!

kynn

* Re: How to re-sort *Buffer List* chronologically?
@ 2008-08-27 20:22 ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2008-08-27 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

kj wrote:
> When first invoked, *Buffer List* appears to list buffers in reverse
> chronological order according to the last time that the buffer was
> viewed (i.e. the mosts recently viewed buffers appear toward the
> top of the list).
>
> Is there a way to reverse this order, so that the buffers that were
> viewed most recently appear at the bottom?
>
> TIA!
>
> kynn

I don't know, but if you use `ibuffer' it's a matter of typing 's i'.

-ap

* RE: How to re-sort *Buffer List* chronologically?
@ 2008-08-27 21:04   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2008-08-27 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andreas Politz', help-gnu-emacs

> When first invoked, *Buffer List* appears to list buffers in reverse
> chronological order according to the last time that the buffer was
> viewed (i.e. the mosts recently viewed buffers appear toward the
> top of the list).
>
> Is there a way to reverse this order, so that the buffers that were
> viewed most recently appear at the bottom?

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BufferMenu#BufferMenuPlus

You can sort on any column and reverse the sort order of any column. Column Time
gives you last access time (last time the buffer was displayed). Column CRM
gives you first access time (first time the buffer was visited).