all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Bob" <purchasebyemail1@comcast.net>
To: "'Alan Mackenzie'" <acm@muc.de>,
	"'Chong Yidong'" <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
Cc: 5570@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#5570: Emacs 23.1.91.1 C++ mode "ESC C-q" and TAB indenting	issue.
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:15:21 -0800	[thread overview]

More stuff:

With the emacs I've had going since last week I have several buffers where
the
indentation is incorrect. I validate by writing the buffer, then in a fresh
emacs,
visit the file, go to the lines with incorrect indentation, apply TAB and
the
result is the correct indentation. Ok, nothing new there.

This is new: After applying TAB in the 2nd emacs to correct the indentation
I write the file, then go back to the original buffer and re-visit the file
with "C-x C-f" "ESC-n".
Emacs confirms the file has changed, I reply "yes" and the visible buffer
becomes truncated
at the line where I TAB'ed to reformat:

The saved file is:

    template<
      class _TypeKind,
      class _EStore = typename ScalarVectorSelector<_TypeKind>::Result
      bool  _fixed  = TL::MemberOf<
	DataTypeTrait<GetDataType<_TypeKind>::Result>::TAbout,
	EnumDTP::FixedPacked
	>::value

The re-visited buffer now shows:

    template<
      class _TypeKind,
      class _EStore = typename ScalarVectorSelector<_TypeKind>::Result
      bool  _fixed  = TL::MemberOf<

EOF  <--------------- NO MORE TEXT!

The original incorrect indentation was something like this (it got lost when
I revisited):

    template<
      class _TypeKind,
      class _EStore = typename ScalarVectorSelector<_TypeKind>::Result
      bool  _fixed  = TL::MemberOf<
	        DataTypeTrait<GetDataType<_TypeKind>::Result>::TAbout,
	                      EnumDTP::FixedPacked
	                      >::value

Now, I kill the truncated buffer, re-visit (the original emacs) and I see
correct indentation of the saved file, so I can continue work :) in the
original emacs.