all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* WINDOWS Emacsclient Breaks When HOME Registry Key Set
@ 2007-09-28 23:09 Rocco Pigneri
From: Rocco Pigneri @ 2007-09-28 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

To whom this may concern:

I was really excited when I found out that emacs 22.1 supports emacsclient
on Windows.  Thanks for all your hard work.  However, I have run into one
small problem.

When the HOME registry key is set for the local user, the emacsclient.exe
and emacsclientw.exe commands both break.  If this variable is not declared,
then the emacsclient works fine.  Copying the .emacs.d/server/server file
from the current user's HOME directory to the current user's Application
Data/.emacs.d/server directory lets the emacs server continue working.

Thank you,

Rocco Pigneri

* Re: WINDOWS Emacsclient Breaks When HOME Registry Key Set
@ 2007-09-29 16:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-09-29 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rocco Pigneri; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> From: "Rocco Pigneri" <rocco@intermedinc.net>
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:09:45 -0400
>
> When the HOME registry key is set for the local user, the emacsclient.exe
> and emacsclientw.exe commands both break.  If this variable is not declared,
> then the emacsclient works fine.  Copying the .emacs.d/server/server file
> from the current user's HOME directory to the current user's Application
> Data/.emacs.d/server directory lets the emacs server continue working.

Thank you for your report.

If the HOME variable is set in the environment, rather than in the
Registry, to the same directory as in the Registry, does emacsclient
work then?