all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Setting default font width
@ 2003-12-06 21:19 Nenad
From: Nenad @ 2003-12-06 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to set default font width to something smaller than emacs'
default. I can do it by customizing Basic Faces:Default group and setting
height to e.g. 83pts. However that seems to affect the main frame only.
Other frames that I open, still use emacs' defaults.
I am running 21.3.1 on XP.
Please help.
Nenad

* Re: Setting default font width
@ 2003-12-08 19:04 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-12-08 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nenad wrote:

> I am trying to set default font width to something smaller than emacs'
> default. I can do it by customizing Basic Faces:Default group and setting
> height to e.g. 83pts. However that seems to affect the main frame only.
> Other frames that I open, still use emacs' defaults.

I don't know what customize is doing, but maybe this will work:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 83)

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Setting default font width
@ 2003-12-09  3:41   ` Nenad
From: Nenad @ 2003-12-09  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Nenad wrote:
>
> > I am trying to set default font width to something smaller than emacs'
> > default. I can do it by customizing Basic Faces:Default group and
setting
> > height to e.g. 83pts. However that seems to affect the main frame only.
> > Other frames that I open, still use emacs' defaults.
>

> I don't know what customize is doing, but maybe this will work:
>

> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 83)

Unfortunately, that didn't help. Is there another way to make default font
smaller?

Thanks
Nenad