all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Disable Zoning in emacs-snapshot-gtk
@ 2009-02-09  2:21 Barrie
From: Barrie @ 2009-02-09  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey,  Does anyone know how to disable the zoning.  My cpu loads go way up
when emacs is zoning and I'ld like to disable that 'feature'.

Thank You,
Barrie

* Re: Disable Zoning in emacs-snapshot-gtk
@ 2009-02-09  2:39 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-02-09  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Barrie <zrgvhlol@trashmail.net> writes:

> Hey,  Does anyone know how to disable the zoning.  My cpu loads go way up
> when emacs is zoning and I'ld like to disable that 'feature'.
>
> Thank You,
> Barrie

Zoning wasn't on by default in mine.

Search your emacs files for zone.

I guess you can (zone-when-idle 0) to stop it.

This is interesting : http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-se/ZoneMode

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation of the evils and damages by the technology of yesterday.  ~Dennis Gabor, Innovations:  Scientific, Technological and Social, 1970

* Re: Disable Zoning in emacs-snapshot-gtk
@ 2009-02-09  5:23   ` Barrie
From: Barrie @ 2009-02-09  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 03:39:45 +0100, Richard Riley wrote:

...muted...

Thank you Richard, I'll give that a shot!
Barrie