* Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?
@ 2003-08-14 17:59 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2003-08-14 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just downloaded 5.10.2 and when I started it, the splash screen says
5.9.0, as does `gnus-version'.  Is this just a variable that someone
forgot to update?

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?
@ 2003-08-14 18:31 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-08-14 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 14 2003, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> I just downloaded 5.10.2 and when I started it, the splash screen says
> 5.9.0, as does `gnus-version'.

To complete the confusion, your User-Agent header says Gnus 5.8.8.

> Is this just a variable that someone forgot to update?

No.

Follow the instructions in the README file that comes with the tar
ball.  And ignore the first line in this file ("This package contains
a beta version of Gnus."), it's incorrect. ;-)

BTW: `gnu.emacs.gnus' is more suitable for Gnus questions as
`gnu.emacs.help'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?
@ 2003-08-14 18:32 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-08-14 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:

> I just downloaded 5.10.2 and when I started it, the splash screen
> says 5.9.0, as does `gnus-version'. Is this just a variable that
> someone forgot to update?

Emacs still loads your old Gnus, obviously. Have you installed the new
version properly?

--
Join us on #emacs @ irc.freenode.net.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/EmacsChannel

* Re: Gnus 5.10.2 == 5.9.0?
@ 2003-08-16  3:08   ` Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2003-08-16  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 14 2003, Joe Casadonte wrote:
>
>> I just downloaded 5.10.2 and when I started it, the splash screen
>> says 5.9.0, as does `gnus-version'.
>
> To complete the confusion, your User-Agent header says Gnus 5.8.8.

I had switched back already.....

>> Is this just a variable that someone forgot to update?
>
> No.
>
> Follow the instructions in the README file that comes with the tar
> ball.  And ignore the first line in this file ("This package
> contains a beta version of Gnus."), it's incorrect. ;-)

Oh, a classic case of RTFM -- you'd thing I'd have tried that first.
Thanks!  And thanks for the nnimap/authinfo bug fix you posted to
gnu.emacs.gnus a couple of months ago.  That fixed my problem with the
new version of Gnus.  And now I have my RSS feed going.  Too cool!