* How to set a web link for forwarded public notices not in plain text ascii
@ 2004-06-20 12:27 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2004-06-20 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

The council public notices full text are not available on the web. A screwy
calendar of public hearings dates is available but its difficult to navigate
and does not include the full text of the notice, only time, location and
minimal descriptor keywords.
http://cityofboston.gov/citycouncil

* How to set a web link for forwarded public notices not in plain text ascii
@ 2004-06-20 12:24 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2004-06-20 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

          a. How might I set up a free public service with notices of
             Boston City Council committees public hearings that the
             council distributes merely by email in microsoft word
             format ?...

             Ironically, the council has been unwilling to see how to
             distribute public notices in plain text ascii

          b. Would there be something like a list server that would
             automatically convert my forwarded public notices in
             microsoft word format and make them readable on the web?...

             I get the microsoft word formatted notices in rmail in
             emacs and could forward them regularly, if necessary.

          c. Or would there be another way for me to forward the
             microsoft word formatted notices to a web link where
             anyone would be able to check the current and archived notices?...

             I could get an email address submitted on the email list that
             would effect forwarding of the microsoft word public notices automatically.