* Function for adding days
@ 2008-11-18 13:06 weber
From: weber @ 2008-11-18 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello folks,

can anyone point me to a function that would allow me to calculate
what date will it be, for example, 10 days from now? calendar is kinda
big and i'm having trouble to find something like that...

Thanks in advance,
Hugo

* Re: Function for adding days
@ 2008-11-18 13:48 ` Giles Chamberlin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Giles Chamberlin @ 2008-11-18 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

weber <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> can anyone point me to a function that would allow me to calculate
> what date will it be, for example, 10 days from now? calendar is kinda
> big and i'm having trouble to find something like that...

Have a look at calendar-absolute-from-gregorian and
calendar-gregorian-from-absolute.

--
Giles

* Re: Function for adding days
@ 2008-11-18 14:26 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-11-18 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2008-11-18 13:06 +0000, weber wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> can anyone point me to a function that would allow me to calculate
> what date will it be, for example, 10 days from now? calendar is kinda
> big and i'm having trouble to find something like that...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hugo

See time-date.el. There are few functions for your purpose.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

        Use the better alternative -- http://www.openoffice.org/

* Re: Function for adding days
@ 2008-11-20  6:59 ` aartist
From: aartist @ 2008-11-20  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Nov 18, 8:06 am, weber <hug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> can anyone point me to a function that would allow me to calculate
> what date will it be, for example, 10 days from now? calendar is kinda
> big and i'm having trouble to find something like that...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hugo

Are you looking for function or the functionality?
Try org-mode.

* Re: Function for adding days
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-11-21 11:01 ` Niels Giesen
From: Niels Giesen @ 2008-11-21 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

weber <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
> can anyone point me to a function that would allow me to calculate
> what date will it be, for example, 10 days from now? calendar is kinda
> big and i'm having trouble to find something like that...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hugo

(format-time-string "%Y-%m-%d" (time-add (days-to-time 10) (current-time)))