* change bash for emacs
@ 2009-03-04 16:01 lehe
From: lehe @ 2009-03-04 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I have two versions of bash on my emacs. How could I make the new bash
invoked whenever typing "M-x shell" in emacs? I guess it needs some change
in .emacs but don't know how to do it.
Thanks!

* Re: change bash for emacs
       [not found] <mailman.2400.1236231817.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-03-05 13:01 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2009-03-05 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

lehe writes:

> Hi,
> I have two versions of bash on my emacs. How could I make the new bash
> invoked whenever typing "M-x shell" in emacs? I guess it needs some change
> in .emacs but don't know how to do it.
> Thanks!

M-x describe-function RET shell RET will help you.

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: change bash for emacs
@ 2009-03-05 13:34   ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2009-03-05 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Martin <nospam@nospam.net> writes:

> lehe writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have two versions of bash on my emacs. How could I make the new bash
>> invoked whenever typing "M-x shell" in emacs? I guess it needs some change
>> in .emacs but don't know how to do it.
>> Thanks!

Customize the variable:  shell-file-name

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__