* XML, nsgmls, and emacs
@ 2004-07-02 18:31 s. keeling
From: s. keeling @ 2004-07-02 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Buenos dias.  I've just got into XML recently.  I've a short list of
problems I'm running into.

I've managed to get validation working but I appear to need some
tweaks to my setup for it to work correctly.  When I do "C-c C-v" it
comes up with:

   sgmls -s file.xml

which fails.  I change that to:

   nsgmls -s /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl file.xml

and it works.  How do I tell emacs to do that automatically?
What do I need in my .emacs?

Secondly, I've been trying to get conversions out of xml2, but it
doesn't give me anything that looks like valid html.  The output looks
like a dump of absolute filenames instead of html tagged source.
Where's a good reference/documentation for xml2?

This is in Debian Woody/stable, emacs20.  Thanks.

- -     Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/spammers.html
http://learn.to/quote http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

* Re: XML, nsgmls, and emacs
@ 2004-07-02 20:42 ` Satya Mishra
From: Satya Mishra @ 2004-07-02 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

    keeling> Buenos dias.  I've just got into XML recently.  I've a
    keeling> short list of problems I'm running into.

    keeling> I've managed to get validation working but I appear to
    keeling> need some tweaks to my setup for it to work correctly.
    keeling> When I do "C-c C-v" it comes up with:

    keeling>    sgmls -s file.xml

    keeling> which fails.  I change that to:

    keeling>    nsgmls -s /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl file.xml

    keeling> and it works.  How do I tell emacs to do that
    keeling> automatically?  What do I need in my .emacs?

    keeling> Secondly, I've been trying to get conversions out of
    keeling> xml2, but it doesn't give me anything that looks like
    keeling> valid html.  The output looks like a dump of absolute
    keeling> filenames instead of html tagged source.  Where's a good
    keeling> reference/documentation for xml2?

    keeling> This is in Debian Woody/stable, emacs20.  Thanks.

    keeling> -- Any technology distinguishable from magic is
    keeling> insufficiently advanced.  (*)
    keeling> http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling - - Spammers!
    keeling> http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/spammers.html
    keeling> http://learn.to/quote
    keeling> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Hi

You need to set sgml-validate-command
(setq sgml-validate-command "nsgmls -s
/usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl")
should do it.

No idea on xml2

Satya

--
Remove XXX and YYY to get my address

* Re: XML, nsgmls, and emacs
@ 2004-07-03 17:29   ` s. keeling
From: s. keeling @ 2004-07-03 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02 Jul 2004 14:42:56 -0600, Satya Mishra <snmishra@XXXhotYYYpop.com>:

>     keeling>    nsgmls -s /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl file.xml
>
>     keeling> and it works.  How do I tell emacs to do that
>     keeling> automatically?  What do I need in my .emacs?
>
>  You need to set sgml-validate-command
>  (setq sgml-validate-command "nsgmls -s
>  /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl")
>  should do it.

Thanks.  I fumbled around some more in google and found this:

   (setq sgml-validate-command "nsgmls -s %s %s")

That appears to work.

>  No idea on xml2

Same here.  I'll keep looking.