* auctex+preview vs prosper class
@ 2006-10-13 13:54 Giacomo Boffi
From: Giacomo Boffi @ 2006-10-13 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

i have a lot of problems if i try to have previews while writing some
slides using prosper, basically it takes forever and the buffer is
filled with "no-way" signs, entire rows of signs, placed where i do
not expect them!

in practice, i see so many problems that i came to think that prosper
is not supported by preview... am i wrong?

(i use indifferently emacs on macos or cvs xemacs on linux, and i
 have installed auctex+preview from david's latest tarball)

thank you in advance, ciao
                                                gb
--
[...] mi ricorda il peggior stile catto-cattolico.  -- DR,  in IFQ

* Re: auctex+preview vs prosper class
@ 2006-10-13 15:06 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-10-13 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giacomo Boffi <giacomo.boffi@polimi.it> writes:

> i have a lot of problems if i try to have previews while writing
> some slides using prosper, basically it takes forever and the buffer
> is filled with "no-way" signs, entire rows of signs, placed where i
> do not expect them!
>
> in practice, i see so many problems that i came to think that
> prosper is not supported by preview... am i wrong?
>
> (i use indifferently emacs on macos or cvs xemacs on linux, and i
> have installed auctex+preview from david's latest tarball)

Actually, there is basically no package support whatsoever for
preview-latex: the AUCTeX style system and preview-latex are not
really connected right now.

Presentation packages are not the normal use case for preview-latex.
You'll have to use a judicious combination of \PreviewMacro and
\PreviewEnvironment commands in your preamble (or in a local
prdefault.cfg or prauctex.cfg file).

See the preview-latex info file for details.

* Re: auctex+preview vs prosper class
@ 2006-10-13 15:42 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-10-13 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 13 2006, Giacomo Boffi wrote:

> i have a lot of problems if i try to have previews while writing some
> slides using prosper, basically it takes forever and the buffer is
> filled with "no-way" signs, entire rows of signs, placed where i do
> not expect them!

> in practice, i see so many problems that i came to think that prosper
> is not supported by preview... am i wrong?

I don't use prosper, but "$8$" and the equation* environment in
doc/latex/prosper/Example.tex are displayed properly for me.  The
image of \pi from "\begin{slide}{The quest for $\pi$}" is misplace (I
seem to recall that this is a known problem).

> (i use indifferently emacs on macos or cvs xemacs on linux, and i
>  have installed auctex+preview from david's latest tarball)

Please report the problem using `M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET'
including a minimal sample file showing the problem.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)