* quoting text inside emacs
@ 2004-05-18 15:04 Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2004-05-18 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I often see here quotation of text, specially from hepl of commands
in the format below (with rules drawed with chars)

,---- From The Init File, `~/.emacs' Info Node
| Your site may also have a "site startup file"; this is named
| `site-start.el', if it exists.  Like `default.el', Emacs finds this
| file via the standard search path for Lisp libraries.  Emacs loads this
| library before it loads your init file.  To inhibit loading of this
| library, use the option `-no-site-file'.  *Note Initial Options::.
`----

Which function does it?

[]'s

Miguel

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson

* Re: quoting text inside emacs
@ 2004-05-18 15:29 ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2004-05-18 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Miguel> Which function does it?

Google for boxquote.el

* Re: quoting text inside emacs
@ 2004-05-18 15:53 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-05-18 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 18 2004, Miguel Frasson wrote:

> I often see here quotation of text, specially from hepl of commands
> in the format below (with rules drawed with chars)

Like this?

,----[ C-h v emacs-version RET ]
| emacs-version's value is "21.3.3"
|
| Documentation:
| Version numbers of this version of Emacs.
|
| Defined in `version.el'.
`----

See `boxquote.el' on the Emacs Lisp List
<URL:http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html#b>.

> ,---- From The Init File, `~/.emacs' Info Node
> | Your site may also have a "site startup file"; this is named
[...]
> Which function does it?

You meant this?

,----[ (info "(emacs)Init File") ]
| When Emacs is started, it normally loads a Lisp program from the file
| `.emacs' or `.emacs.el' in your home directory.
`----

See `rs-info.el' on the Emacs Lisp List
<URL:http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html#r>.  Warning: I
am the author.