* Indicate continuation and truncation with ASCII characters without disabling fringes
@ 2024-05-15  5:04 Emre Yolcu
From: Emre Yolcu @ 2024-05-15  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When fringes are not available, Emacs falls back to using the leftmost
and rightmost character cells to indicate line continuation and
truncation with ASCII characters. Is there an easy (i.e., Elisp) way to
force this fallback behavior when fringes are enabled? I couldn't find
anything in the manual, so I thought to ask here before trying to patch
it in the source.