@ 2005-08-10  2:00 ghoffman
From: ghoffman @ 2005-08-10  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to load emacs onto an SGI Octane that runs IRIX 6.5.19.  I have downloaded and unzipped the file for emacs 21.4a, but when I try the ./config command, the script can't find certain necessary files (gcc and cc, in particular).  What is the problem?  If additional files are required to load emacs, what are they and how do I get them.

(Please note that I am a novice at Unix, and completely ignorant of C.  Please be patient and use small common English words.  Thank you.)

Gerry Hoffman

Gerald J. Hoffman
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania