* jde without beanshell?
@ 2004-10-25 17:40 Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2004-10-25 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to use JDE without the beanshell?  It takes so damn
long to start up, and I've a reasonably fast box.....

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: jde without beanshell?
@ 2004-10-31 22:25 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-10-31 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:

> Is it possible to use JDE without the beanshell?  It takes so damn
> long to start up, and I've a reasonably fast box.....

Well, the beanshell is what allows you to do completion in JDEE.

Perhaps you'd like to use the CEDET features instead?  It also
provides completion, but parses the source code for this.

Kai

* Re: jde without beanshell?
@ 2004-11-04 15:00 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2004-11-04 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Joe> Is it possible to use JDE without the beanshell?  It takes so
  Joe> damn long to start up, and I've a reasonably fast box.....

Do you mean JDE takes a long time to start up, or the beanshell in
particular?

It's also possible that your configuration is causing the problems. If
your jde-global-classpath has lots of jars in it, this might take
longer, as, I think, the beanshell still scans the classpath at start
up.

Finally, you might want to mail the JDE mailing list instead. You'll
get a lot more feedback on JDE issues there.

Cheers

Phil