* M-q does not fill quoted text anymore
@ 2005-12-07 11:34 Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2005-12-07 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently, M-q has stopped working for me when quoting messages in
Mail-mode. It does no longer prefix each line with the quoting
character used (normally ">").

When writing this message, in Gnus, it works similar, but here the
auto fill does the right thing even though M-q does not work.

Any idea where to look to fix this? I am sure I installed "something"
recently that have messed this up.

* Re: M-q does not fill quoted text anymore
@ 2005-12-08  8:53 ` zuying
From: zuying @ 2005-12-08  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was always trying to recover my dotemacs file according to the
change-log to see if any settings or recently added elisp got
conflicted with the key binding. I wonder whether there are other ways
to debug the fix it better........

@ 2005-12-08 12:35   ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2005-12-08 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"zuying@gmail.com" <zuying@gmail.com> writes:

> I was always trying to recover my dotemacs file according to the
> change-log to see if any settings or recently added elisp got
> conflicted with the key binding. I wonder whether there are other ways
> to debug the fix it better........

I guess I *could* put in (error "I'll stop here") in the code and see
when the filling works and when it doesn't...

Btw, emacs -q works, of course.

I checked the values of all the variables that fill-paragraph says it
checks, and they were the same in both "emacs -q" and normal startup.