* pcl-cvs and tagging revisions
@ 2003-01-21 15:10 Jeffery B. Rancier
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2003-01-21 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.
I just committed a bunch of source, and within the *cvs* buffer, hit
the 't' key, to give it all a release tag.  I was prompted and entered
a tag name, and the command appeared to run file.  I then went to the
DOS prompt and did a cvs status -v, and all the files report under
Existing Tags:, that No Tags Exist.  Is there something I need to do
to _commit_ the tags?

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on
buffy on Windows XP Pro.  I was using from my site-lisp directory,
version 2.9.9, but now am using which ever version comes with the
tarball.

On a side note, if I run C-u M-x cvs-status, use the current
directory, and add the -v flag, the output is not verbose at all.

Any ideas?  Things I can try?

Jeff
,----
| Jeffery B. Rancier
|
| Softechnics
| a METTLER TOLEDO company
`----

* Re: pcl-cvs and tagging revisions
       [not found] <mailman.687.1043162951.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-01-21 18:00 ` Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>
From: Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> @ 2003-01-21 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on
> buffy on Windows XP Pro.  I was using from my site-lisp directory,
> version 2.9.9, but now am using which ever version comes with the
> tarball.

There's a bug in some versions of cvs under w32 where `cvs tag foo .'
does nothing.  The CVS version of PCL-CVS has been improved to
try and work around the bug by avoiding the above command and using
`cvs tag foo' instead.  In the mean time, your best bet is either
to open PCL-CVS on the parent directory such that you can use
`cvs tag foo subdir', or else just use the command line.