* How to load latest opened files? Or load specific files?
@ 2008-09-01 23:18 ssecorp
From: ssecorp @ 2008-09-01 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can I somehow make a command like "open the files that were open last
time emacs was used"?

And can I set a command to open for example:
haskell-mode
c:/mypath/haskell/someprogram.hs

?

* Re: How to load latest opened files? Or load specific files?
@ 2008-09-02  3:41 ` B. T. Raven
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-09-02  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ssecorp wrote:
> Can I somehow make a command like "open the files that were open last
> time emacs was used"?
>
> And can I set a command to open for example:
> haskell-mode
> c:/mypath/haskell/someprogram.hs
>
> ?

Look at Menu Options > Customize Emacs > Specific Option
recentf- tab

The settings I made inserted

  '(recentf-max-menu-items 20)
  '(recentf-max-saved-items 40)
  '(recentf-mode t nil (recentf))

into (Custom-set-variables ...

in my .emacs
There are many recentf options I haven't tried. The defaults seemed
appropriate.

There is also something called session.el but I don't know how to
install it.

Ed

* Re: How to load latest opened files? Or load specific files?
@ 2008-09-02 11:22 ` Bernardo Bacic
From: Bernardo Bacic @ 2008-09-02 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

it was a dark and stormy night when ssecorp said,
> Can I somehow make a command like "open the files that were open last
> time emacs was used"?
see Saving Emacs Sessions in the manual:
M-: (info "(emacs)Saving Emacs Sessions")

> And can I set a command to open for example:
> haskell-mode
> c:/mypath/haskell/someprogram.hs

if i understand the question correctly this should be handled by major modes
M-: (info "(emacs)Major Modes")

* Re: How to load latest opened files? Or load specific files?
@ 2008-09-11 18:30 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2008-09-11 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ssecorp wrote:
> Can I somehow make a command like "open the files that were open last
> time emacs was used"?
>
> And can I set a command to open for example:
> haskell-mode
> c:/mypath/haskell/someprogram.hs
>
> ?
In my .emacs I put

;; ----------------------------------------------
;; *Recentf*
;; Recent files in menu
(require 'recentf)
(recentf-mode t)
(setq recentf-max-saved-items 200)
(global-set-key (kbd "\e\eq")  'recentf-open-files)

If I need file with wich I recently worked I type <Esc> <Esc> q and
search by C-s for a needed file.

Such method take advantage in speed from finding file by C-x C-f or in
Dired.

* Re: How to load latest opened files? Or load specific files?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-11 18:45 ` Charles Sebold
From: Charles Sebold @ 2008-09-11 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 1 Sep 2008, ssecorp wrote:

> Can I somehow make a command like "open the files that were open last
> time emacs was used"?
>
> And can I set a command to open for example:
> haskell-mode
> c:/mypath/haskell/someprogram.hs

Also check out the Desktop functionality:

(info "(emacs)Saving Emacs Sessions")

Or:

C-h r m saving e RET
--
Charles Sebold                                    11th of September, 2008