* max. window size on  Windows XP
@ 2003-06-22 20:40 twylie
From: twylie @ 2003-06-22 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all-

I'm running Emacs v21.2.1 on Windows XP. Depending on the size of my
fonts, when I try to maximize the window to full screen using Windows
clickable icon in the right corner of the window, sometimes the window
will expand to encompass the whole screen and other times it will leave
a gap at the bottom. It doesn't make much sense, as sometimes smaller
fonts will allow max. window size while larger fonts show the gap at the
bottom.
How can I set emacs (or windows) to allow maximum expansion regardless
of font setting?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

* Re: max. window size on  Windows XP
       [not found] <mailman.8431.1056314497.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-23 16:30 ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2003-06-23 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On So Jun 22 2003 at 22:40, twylie <twylie@charter.net> wrote:

> How can I set emacs (or windows) to allow maximum expansion regardless
> of font setting?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
I have (w32-send-sys-command #xf030) as the last command in my .emacs
which works for me.

HTH
Martin

@ 2003-06-23 19:51 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-06-23 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

twylie <twylie@charter.net> writes:

> Hi all-
>
> I'm running Emacs v21.2.1 on Windows XP. Depending on the size of my
> fonts, when I try to maximize the window to full screen using Windows
> clickable icon in the right corner of the window, sometimes the window
> will expand to encompass the whole screen and other times it will leave
> a gap at the bottom. It doesn't make much sense, as sometimes smaller
> fonts will allow max. window size while larger fonts show the gap at the
> bottom.
> How can I set emacs (or windows) to allow maximum expansion regardless
> of font setting?

You can't.  The Emacs Window is always an integer number of lines
high.