* emacs-w3m and mime.el
@ 2005-01-11  1:54 Ushnish Basu
From: Ushnish Basu @ 2005-01-11  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Short version: I wanted to find a recent copy of mime.el. The version I
downloaded from http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/mime.html doesn't work.

I am trying to use emacs-w3m (mime-w3m.el) with mh-e for reading MIME mail. I
turns out that mime-w3m.el requires mime.el, a google search for which pointed
me to

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/mime.html

However, on using this file I get the error message (emacs --debug-init)

(invalid-read-syntax "] in a list")

in mime.el. However, emacs doesn't seem to tell me the line number.

Does anyone have a recent version of this file, or knows why this is
happening?

I will be happy to provide any more details if required.

The versions I am using are

GNU Emacs 21.3
emacs-w3m 1.4.3
mime.el 1.64 (95/12/26)