* tramp: copying locally to remote and vice-versa
@ 2002-11-15 17:54 Michael P. Soulier
From: Michael P. Soulier @ 2002-11-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hey people.

    I've having a problem getting the syntax correct for copying files via
dired mode across the network using tramp. Could someone provide me with an
example?

    I have a remote dired buffer open thanks to tramp and ssh, and I open a
local one. Now I want to copy a local file to the remote session. I put the
cursor on the local file and hit C for copy, and I'm prompted for the
destination. Should it work if I just put in

/user@address:/path?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix