* conflict between ecb & nxml-mode
@ 2004-05-26  9:40 Ding Lei
       [not found] ` <mailman.7491.1085577989.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ding Lei @ 2004-05-26  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello folks,
	I am using emacs 21.3.50.2, cvs source 2004-04-26.
	It seems that there are conflict between ECB(Emacs code browser) and the nxml-mode.
	Whenenver I attempt to click open an XML file(which is bound with nxml-mode) in
ECB directory(file) buffer, emacs crashes.
    Anybody encountered similiar problems?

--
Yours,

   <<<:::::   D i n g    L e i   ::::::>>
 ||                                      ||
 || Ext: 8106                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Information Services Inc.   ||
 ||                                      ||
<((((((    =====================     )))))>>>

"The climate of Bombay is such that its inhabitants have to live
elsewhere."

* Re: conflict between ecb & nxml-mode
@ 2004-05-26 10:58 ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found] ` <mailman.7491.1085577989.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-05-26 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ding Lei <dinglei@ipanel.cn> writes:

> 	I am using emacs 21.3.50.2, cvs source 2004-04-26.
> 	It seems that there are conflict between ECB(Emacs code browser) and the nxml-mode.
> 	Whenenver I attempt to click open an XML file(which is bound with nxml-mode) in
> ECB directory(file) buffer, emacs crashes.

Emacs should not crash, whatever the Lisp code does.  So it is first
and foremost a bug in Emacs.

Since you are using the CVS version, try updating first.  If it still
happens with the most current sources, then follow the hints in
etc/DEBUG to figure out where it is barfing.  Then post in
emacs-devel or submit a bug report.

Thanks,
Kai

* Re: conflict between ecb & nxml-mode
       [not found] <mailman.7476.1085565396.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-05-26 13:30 ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-05-26 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Ding Lei wrote:

>  Hello folks,
>  	I am using emacs 21.3.50.2, cvs source 2004-04-26. It seems that
>  	there are conflict between ECB(Emacs code browser) and the
>  	nxml-mode. Whenenver I attempt to click open an XML file(which is
>  	bound with nxml-mode) in
>  ECB directory(file) buffer, emacs crashes.
>      Anybody encountered similiar problems?

Please send ECB-reports always to the ECB-mailing-list at
ecb-list@lists.sourceforge.net. And IIRC there was a thread in this
mailing-list concerning this conflict - search the archives!

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

@ 2004-05-26 14:08   ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-05-26 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

>  Ding Lei <dinglei@ipanel.cn> writes:
>
> > 	I am using emacs 21.3.50.2, cvs source 2004-04-26. It seems that
> > 	there are conflict between ECB(Emacs code browser) and the
> > 	nxml-mode. Whenenver I attempt to click open an XML file(which is
> > 	bound with nxml-mode) in
> > ECB directory(file) buffer, emacs crashes.
>
>  Emacs should not crash, whatever the Lisp code does.  So it is first
>  and foremost a bug in Emacs.
>
>  Since you are using the CVS version, try updating first.  If it still
>  happens with the most current sources, then follow the hints in
>  etc/DEBUG to figure out where it is barfing.  Then post in
>  emacs-devel or submit a bug report.

Of course Kai is right...

But i have something in my mind that this old task about this problem has
already figured out that the problem only occurs if the new
fontification-engine of nxml-mode is activated ... without the
syntax-highlighting of this package all is working fine.. i do not use this
package so i can not say if this is a bug in Emacs (following Kai it is a bug
in Emacs :-) or also in nxml-mode (or even in ECB ;-)

Ciao,
Klaus