* Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-12  1:59 Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2004-07-12  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"? Or is there any alternate equivalent package?

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-12  8:30 ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2004-07-12  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Sandip> Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"? Or is there any
    Sandip> alternate equivalent package?

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnuClient

Toto

PS: Please post only to one newsgroup and mention all the important things about
    your problem, e.g. the operating system.

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-12 20:11   ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2004-07-12 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Thorsten Bonow" <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message

>     Sandip> Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"? Or is
there any
>     Sandip> alternate equivalent package?
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnuClient
>
> Toto
>
> PS: Please post only to one newsgroup and mention all the important things
about
>     your problem, e.g. the operating system.
>
> --
> Contact information and PGP key at
> http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

Thanks for the info.

Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or instructions to build
it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on windows?

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-13  8:51     ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2004-07-13  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Sandip> Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or instructions
    Sandip> to build it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on windows?

There is a link on the page to a windoze binary and a whole section with the
heading "Windows". Please feel free to read it.

Toto

PS: Sigh...

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

If you're patient and you wait long enough, something will usually
happen and it'll usually be something you don't like.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), When the cat's away. New York (Wings Books),
418

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-14 15:39       ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2004-07-14 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Thorsten Bonow" <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message news:87oemkjnnn.fsf@herrrossi.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de...

>     Sandip> Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or instructions
>     Sandip> to build it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on windows?
>
> There is a link on the page to a windoze binary and a whole section with the
> heading "Windows". Please feel free to read it.
>
> Toto
>
> PS: Sigh...

Sorry about not being clear. I had already the versions mentioned there. I am having problem getting it to work on Windows XP.
Especially gnudoit.exe. I was trying to find out if there is any very recent (2003 or 2004) version of gnuserv which works with
Windows XP. Thanks for the info anyway.

Sandip

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-14 16:38         ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2004-07-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Sandip Chitale wrote:

>  "Thorsten Bonow" <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> >
> >     Sandip> Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or
> >     Sandip> instructions to build it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on
> >     Sandip> windows?
> >
> > There is a link on the page to a windoze binary and a whole section with
> > the heading "Windows". Please feel free to read it.
> >
> > Toto
> >
> > PS: Sigh...
> >

>  Sorry about not being clear. I had already the versions mentioned there. I
>  am having problem getting it to work on Windows XP. Especially gnudoit.exe.
>  I was trying to find out if there is any very recent (2003 or 2004) version
>  of gnuserv which works with Windows XP. Thanks for the info anyway.

Do you know this gnusserv-version:
http://www.wyrdrune.com/index.html?gnuserv.html~main

IMHO the best one and i use it a long time with Windows XP without any
problems. Do you have problems with that version too??

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-14 17:38         ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2004-07-14 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sandip Chitale" <sandipchitale@nospam.comcast.net> writes:

> Sorry about not being clear. I had already the versions mentioned
> there. I am having problem getting it to work on Windows XP.
> Especially gnudoit.exe. I was trying to find out if there is any
> very recent (2003 or 2004) version of gnuserv which works with
> Windows XP. Thanks for the info anyway.

I don't use gnudoit, but my gnuserv/gnuclient compiled back in the Win95
days works fine on XP.

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-15  6:02           ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2004-07-15  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Klaus Berndl" <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> wrote in message news:uoemiv90m.fsf@sdm.de...
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Sandip Chitale wrote:
>
> >  "Thorsten Bonow" <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> > >
> > >     Sandip> Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or
> > >     Sandip> instructions to build it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on
> > >     Sandip> windows?
> > >
> > > There is a link on the page to a windoze binary and a whole section with
> > > the heading "Windows". Please feel free to read it.
> > >
> > > Toto
> > >
> > > PS: Sigh...
> > >

> >  Sorry about not being clear. I had already the versions mentioned there. I
> >  am having problem getting it to work on Windows XP. Especially gnudoit.exe.
> >  I was trying to find out if there is any very recent (2003 or 2004) version
> >  of gnuserv which works with Windows XP. Thanks for the info anyway.
>
> Do you know this gnusserv-version:
> http://www.wyrdrune.com/index.html?gnuserv.html~main

Yes. I reached it through google search as well as the

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnuClient

link provided by Toto.

> IMHO the best one and i use it a long time with Windows XP without any
> problems. Do you have problems with that version too??

gluclientw.exe is working for me. It is the gnudoit.exe that gives me problems. The server process exits and the client hangs.

Basically what I wanted to do was to load a file at a specific line and column. The gnuclientw only allows opening the file at
specific line using +<line-number> syntax. That is why I was trying to use gnudoit.

Thanks for all your help.

Sandip

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-07-15  7:17             ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2004-07-15  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sandip Chitale" <sandipchitale@nospam.comcast.net> writes:

> gluclientw.exe is working for me. It is the gnudoit.exe
> that gives me problems. The server process exits and the
> client hangs.
>
> Basically what I wanted to do was to load a file at a
> specific line and column. The gnuclientw only allows
> opening the file at specific line using +<line-number>
> syntax. That is why I was trying to use gnudoit.

I am using gnudoit together with Emacs 21 on Windows XP (and
was using it on Windows 2000 some weeks ago) and I have no
problem telling emacs to do stuff. Have you tested with
something really simple at first, like just calling
"message" or similar?

/Mathias

* Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
@ 2004-10-12 20:13             ` Edi Weitz
From: Edi Weitz @ 2004-10-12 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:02:25 GMT, "Sandip Chitale" <sandipchitale@nospam.comcast.net> wrote:

> gluclientw.exe is working for me. It is the gnudoit.exe that gives
> me problems. The server process exits and the client hangs.

I don't know if you've solved the problem since but you can drop
gnudoit.exe and use the -e option of gnuclientw.exe instead. See

  <http://weitz.de/win/#gnuserv>

for some info, specifically the "mailto" example.

Cheers,
Edi.