* code for closing compilation buffers
@ 2007-07-11 14:08 Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-07-11 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I googled up some code and then modified it to use the more recent
compilation-finish-functions hook.

Could someone take a peek that I did the "if then else" part right.

If errors then jump to first error, else close the window. It *works* I
would just be grateful if someone could comment on whether its done
right:

(add-hook 'compilation-finish-functions
      (lambda (buf str)
        (if (string-match "exited abnormally" str)
	    (next-error)
          ;;no errors, make the compilation window go away in a few seconds
          (run-at-time "2 sec" nil 'delete-windows-on (get-buffer-create "*compilation*"))
          (message "No Compilation Errors!")
	  )
	))

* Re: code for closing compilation buffers
@ 2007-07-16  1:34 ` Xu Weijiang
From: Xu Weijiang @ 2007-07-16  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> I googled up some code and then modified it to use the more recent
> compilation-finish-functions hook.
>
> Could someone take a peek that I did the "if then else" part right.
>
> If errors then jump to first error, else close the window. It *works* I
> would just be grateful if someone could comment on whether its done
> right:
>

> (add-hook 'compilation-finish-functions
>       (lambda (buf str)
>         (if (string-match "exited abnormally" str)
> 	    (next-error)
>           ;;no errors, make the compilation window go away in a few seconds
>           (run-at-time "2 sec" nil 'delete-windows-on (get-buffer-create "*compilation*"))
>           (message "No Compilation Errors!")
> 	  )
> 	))
It works great, Thanks.

Best regards
Xu Weijiang
--
everything has its rules!

* Re: code for closing compilation buffers
@ 2007-07-16 15:34 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2007-07-16 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> I googled up some code and then modified it to use the more recent
> compilation-finish-functions hook.
>
> Could someone take a peek that I did the "if then else" part right.
>
> If errors then jump to first error, else close the window. It *works* I
> would just be grateful if someone could comment on whether its done
> right:
>

> (add-hook 'compilation-finish-functions
>       (lambda (buf str)
>         (if (string-match "exited abnormally" str)
> 	    (next-error)
>           ;;no errors, make the compilation window go away in a few seconds
>           (run-at-time "2 sec" nil 'delete-windows-on (get-buffer-create "*compilation*"))
>           (message "No Compilation Errors!")
> 	  )
> 	))

I would say that, if it works, it _can't_ really be done wrong!

Dave